listin' what's playing, since 2008

Sunday, December 16, 2007

a mission statement

Of course, I would decide to start a blog at midnight when I have a large report to be working on. But hey, when inspiration strikes (and distraction is inevitable...)

I've never "blogged" before (in fact, I'm not a big fan of the term), but I've always had a fascination with new music and the people who get to critique it. It seems like keeping up with the latest on the scene would be a full time job (which some people are lucky enough to have!). While I stick with my actual job of engineering, I wanted to try out using one of these new-fangled "blog" thingies for a few reasons. A creative outlet. A way to reach out and find like-minded music fans. To be a voice for those who like to hear what's new, what's out there, but are a little overwhelmed/intimidated by the literally infinite amount of obscure acts out there... I'll never be one of those people who knows EVERY band, and I don't believe those people actually exist. I also have a lot of work to do in catching up on the classics. I plan to write a few times a week, sticking mainly to the topic of music (and hopefully not straying into my personal life or politics too often...). In the mean time, I'll be finishing up my master's degree in Mechanical Engineering and working full time for a large corporation. You may see the evidence of my nerdiness seep through the SUPER cool music fan facade ;) We'll see where this goes! Thanks for joining me for the ride! And if you have a similar blog, PLEASE leave me a comment, I would love to find what's out there (and haven't quite figured that part out yet).

Alright, back to this damn engineering!

No comments: